Ania is registered with UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). She is fully trained in delivering Eye Movement and Desensitisation (EMDR) and is an accredited practitioner with EMDR Europe Association. Ania is also a fully accredited Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) for Depression Practitioner with IPTUK and a trainer and facilitator of CBT group therapy for anxiety and depression.
Ania’s strength as a therapist is her ability to form a very good relationship with her clients, where her warmth, respect, sense of humour and confidence in people’s ability to make changes instil hope. This approach, coupled with her professional expertise, has enabled her many clients to overcome their difficulties.
Ania has worked within the NHS in Sussex for many years as a psychotherapist, counsellor, group facilitator, supervisor and trainer, as well as a Lead Psychological Therapist.
Ania believes strongly in our ability to overcome life’s difficulties and her down to earth, warm and sensitive approach, underpinned by evidence based therapeutic help has enabled hundreds of her clients recover from psychological and emotional problems. Ania has successfully worked and helped clients with:
- low mood and depression
- worry and anxiety, including social anxiety and health anxiety
- relationship difficulties, including family, friendships and romantic relationships
- adverse life events and trauma, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- legacy of complicated early life, including issues of childhood emotional, physical and sexual abuse or neglect
- loss, including bereavement, end of relationship, health, infertility and other losses
- self-esteem issues
- fertility issues and their impact on psychological wellbeing and relationships
- identity issues and crisis
- issues of gender and sexual identity
Ania is passionate about her work and derives great satisfaction from being able to help clients find a way forward from their difficulties. She builds therapy around the particular needs of each person and will draw on her training and expertise of several psychotherapeutic models to offer a truly individual approach. Ania has been trained in several evidence- based and NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) recommended therapies. In particular she uses:
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) for the treatment of trauma and other psychological difficulties where adverse life experiences are the root cause
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) to help treat difficulties in relationships, life adjustments and losses
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for anxiety and depression
Ania has a special interest in EMDR to help clients leave behind the legacy of difficult, painful and/or traumatic past and start living in the present without the limitations imposed by the negative experiences from earlier life.
Ania continues to develop professionally and regularly attends national and international conferences, further training and seminars. She contributes articles to professional journals, local press and Counselling Directory online.